This project was tasked with creating an air current generated from custom velocity to drive multiple elements and pyro clusters.
The first image shows how air flows through a helicopter as its active. To implement this into my project I drew a curve that would represent the air flow and used the tangent to point velocity vectors in the correct direction. After the curve was lofted and created into a volume I parented it underneath the blades on the helicopter animation so the pyro source and velocity field would be accurate to the image. Once the simulation finished I needed to figure out how to get a similar result without volumes coming out of the helicopter blades. The water was created in VOP's using sin waves, voroini noise, and blend shapes. The foam was created using the curl velocity from the pyro simulation and projected it to the water surface as my foam source. The mist particle simulation source was advected from the ground and I used the original pyro simulation as my velocity. For the final pyro simulation the original pyro simulations velocity and the custom velocity field were both being used to push the fluids being sourced from the foam. I clustered the mist simulation into 10 clusters using the max bounds of the mist to make sure the clusters next to the camera held up in grid resolution and the father the clusters were from the camera the less resolution I needed. I did this because the helicopter was covering a large amount of ground and in order to maintain a high resolution I needed to divide it into smaller sections which also optimized my simulation times.